Maruti Suzuki India Limited is bracing itself to launch a whole host of new cars for the Indian auto market in order to ensure its leading position and handle market slowdown as well growing competition. Maruti has plans to introduce some new cars replacing the older slow selling models. One such car is the SX4 sedan that has lost its initial charm in India and Maruti is ready with its replacement.
The brand new sedan that will replace the SX4 is still code named as the YL1 and is reportedly going through its first phase of road tests after development. The YL1 is newly developed on the Swift’s platform that is also used for the Ertiga MPV. In terms of design this new car is a complete departure from the SX4’s styling and takes inspiration from the recently showcased Suzuki Authentic S Concept.
Let us take a look at some major facts about the new YL1 sedan:
First of all, this new sedan is expected not to come up with an entirely new name and is supposed to keep the SX4 moniker after replacing the ongoing model.
- The all new Maruti Suzuki 2014 SX4 will be unveiled at the 2014 Auto Expo and will be launched in the Indian market almost immediately after its showcase at the motor show.
- The all new SX4 sedan will be a bigger car than the ongoing model and thus, will offer more interior space and comfort. It is said that it will have similar space to have of the Nissan Sunny.
- The all new SX4 will have advanced technical specifications compared to the current model. The car’s steering wheel and suspension setup will be tuned to offer enhanced handling, performance and driving comfort.
- The new car is aimed at the younger generation of car consumers with gorgeous looks, cool accessories and sporty performance.
- The top trim model of the new sedan will offer 16 inch, low profile tyres with 195 sections.
- Under the hood the new car will be powered by the similar 1.4 liter K series petrol motor coupled with either a manual or automatic transmission gearbox. Its diesel avatar will feature a 1.3 liter Fiat MultiJet diesel engine.
- The all new 2014 SX4 will boast of lot of new features including a keyless entry and a push button start.
- The top trim model of the car is also expected to get micro-hybrid technology with regenerative braking system.
- The all new 2014 SX4 will be lighter as compared to the current model and will have lower ground clearance.
- The car will feature ABS and front airbags are expected to be standard across the range.
- The all new SX4 is expected to have a killer pricing strategy and the tag is supposed to be lower than its adversary Hyundai Verna.
- Post launch in 2014, the YL1 sedan will compete against Nissan Sunny, the segment leading Hyundai Verna and the upcoming 2014 Honda City.
Image Source: Team-Bhp12 facts about the upcoming 2014 Maruti Suzuki SX4 that is yet known as YL1,